1. Using pliers grasp spinning spike and remove spike from sole with the receptacle still attached. It is usally green.
2. Hold receptacle with pliers and twist out the old spike with a spike wrench.
3. Clean out cavity in shoe and remove old glue from receptacle. A paper clip can be used to clean out each little hole in the receptacle.
4. Holding receptacle with pliers put in a new spike with spike wrench.
5. Add a few drops of glue in shoe cavity.
6. Using spike wrench install the new spike, which is already in the receptacle, in the shoe cavity making sure it is level in the sole.
7. Glue will set within a minute.